Strategic Communications Executive
SkillsProject Management Public Relations Content Production Copywriting Market Research
IndustriesTourism & Travel
Who is our Client?
Our Client is an accomplished airport operator which owns and operates Gold Coast, Townsville, Longreach and Mount Isa airports – connecting the Gold Coast and northern NSW, along with regional Queensland, to the rest of the country and beyond. They are an Australian-owned company with a vision to engage customers, connect communities and deliver exceptional experiences – and a commitment to delivering for the communities where we operate. They are formally recognised as a ‘Great Place to Work – Certified’ organisation – currently the only airport operator in Australia with this certification. They are dedicated to a target of net zero Scope 1 and Scope 2 emissions by 2030. With strong passenger numbers and terminal upgrades underway - there has never been a better time to join.
What you’ll contribute:
They currently have an exciting full-time opportunity for an enthusiastic Strategic Communications Executive to join the Gold Coast team.
Reporting directly to the General Manager of Strategic Communications, the successful applicant will be responsible for managing media relations and social media, contributing to stakeholder engagement activities, while also coordinating sponsorships, events, and internal communications.
The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years of experience in a similar position and have completed an undergraduate degree in a Humanities related field. Journalism or media experience will be highly regarded. The successful individual will be highly proactive, a team player, and have great interpersonal skills. Outstanding time management and the ability to balance and prioritise multiple priorities at once are a must. Administration skills such as creating reports, filing, organising agendas, and completing purchase orders are preferred.
Key deliverables/responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and lead the rollout of a proactive media plan, manage relationships with key media and coordinate responses to media enquiries
- Preparation and distribution of daily media clippings to the management and board
- Research and develop stakeholder engagement programs to support the business objectives
- Play a key role in issues and crisis response
- Work with the marketing team to plan and leverage communication activities around marketing initiatives and campaigns
- Coordination and implementation of the group sponsorship portfolio and Community Benefit Fund
- Coordinate the production of the Annual Report, working closely with Marketing
- Ensure the databases of key stakeholders (government, media and industry) remain updated and correct
- Maintain effective communication with airline and relevant tourism industry communication representatives
- Comply with any reasonable instruction in relation to WHS by the Company
Let us know if you are interested in this role.